The environment is on the minds of many people. And, it’s also true that consumers care about corporate social responsibility. So, the next time you attend any of the great sports conferences consider how you can put those two ideas together. I’ve traveled to many events this year, and I’ve heard a lot about green living and CSR. I had the chance, as the VP of Marketing, to get to meet incredible people.
My travels have also allowed me to speak of the Sneakers for Good program, which does good for our communities and environment. There’s a lot of energy for green living and figuring out creative ways to do CSR. So, by reading this, you now have an opportunity to learn a few things about how you can merge the environment and CSR, starting at the next sports conference you attend.
- For more ideas about green living, take a look at this quick guide.
- Decide to give your customers a real CSR program that won’t cost you a thing.
- Attend sports conferences and ask others what they’re doing about the environment and CSR. You’ll get a lot of creative ideas.
If you want your sports brand to succeed, you have to get out of your office. Sometimes networking and connecting people is excellent for not only sales but also ideas.
Will I See You at The Running Event Sports Conference?
Next month I’ll have another chance to attend another of the best sports conferences of the year. And it’s called The Running Event. There’s still time for you to get registered for this event, which takes place in Austin, Texas. So, why should you go to this conference? That answer is easy. For starters, it’s a huge conference, which gives attendees the chance to meet other runners, clubs, and retailers. It’s also an opportunity to get to know some of the latest technology in the sports and running space. Also, Austin is one of the biggest foodie towns in the nation, with lots of restaurants, food trucks, and scratch kitchens. And, if you love music, Austin is known as the music capital of the world.
However, you’ll also find me at this sports conference, and I’d welcome chatting with you about our Sneakers For Good program. Our team, as well as our retail and manufacturing partners, are excited about the program.
Benefits for the Environment and CSR
I’m excited to have the chance to meet and connect with passionate industry leaders at the top sports conferences. It’s an opportunity to discuss the reality of things and also an excellent opportunity for good. As you know, when sneakers end up in landfills, it takes them more than 30 or 40 years to decompose. All the while, they emit harmful toxins into the air. It doesn’t have to be this way. The Sneakers for Good program for recycling sneakers is a plus for the environment and also your business. As you’ll learn if I see you at the next sports conference,
- The program helps keep athletic shoes out of landfills. (Check out some of the facts).
- The CSR program has zero out of pocket costs to your company. We promise!
- As you’ll learn, if you meet me at one of the sports conferences coming up, the sneakers go to small business owners around the world in need of inventory. People living in poverty need opportunities.
- Your CSR program makes you a hero in your community, and it raises your visibility. In other words, it’s a chance to have your business communicate the good your doing for the planet and at home. You’ll get a check to give to any good cause for the sneakers you give us.
In conclusion, I hope I get to meet you in person at the next sports conference, The Running Event, happening in Austin, Texas. Make it a point to look out for me and chat about how we can help you improve your brand visibility in your community by supporting the planet with a creative CSR program.
Kristy Fonterela, VP Marketing, Funds2Orgs. Kristy Fontelera is a creative professional with a background in corporate and nonprofit social media advertising, content creation, and brand strategy. As the VP of Marketing at Funds2Orgs, she works with a suite of global fundraising brands, including Sneakers4Funds, and also manages national and local social media accounts for clients and entrepreneurs. Kristy enjoys new books, traveling, Fleetwood Mac, and picnics with her pup. Most of all, Kristy is a passionate individual that loves nothing than more than to help others make an impact in their market and the world.
© 2019 Sneakers4Funds. All Rights Reserved.