A Special CSR Program for Running Shoe RetailersAugust 8, 2018
5 Ways to Start Exercising…When You Don’t Want To Do ItSeptember 5, 2018
Running is one of the best exercises you can do, and it includes several health benefits that will improve your overall health and wellness.
- Running is an excellent stress reliever. It can easily help you improve your mood, or even depression because you can secrete hormones.
- Research has shown that running can decrease the risk of breast cancer in women, as well as other diseases in people, such as high blood pressure or stroke.
- Running provides one of the most effective ways to maintain a healthy body weight because you burn many more calories than most forms of exercise.
- When you regularly run, you can increase your good cholesterol levels, which is excellent for your cardiovascular system.
If you’re a regular runner, you may know a few of those health benefits of running and others, but maybe the time has come to challenge yourself further. Perhaps you’ve been thinking about challenging yourself by running a road race. There’s no better time than the present to get started on running a short 2K race, half marathon or full marathon. To prepare for a road race, the following are 5 quick tips to ensure that you have the best chance for success in completing your run.
- Get the Right Running Shoes. It’s vital to have the right running shoes when you prepare for a road race that will support your ankle and provide just enough room for your feet that comes from the pressure of pounding the pavement.
- Wear Proper Clothing. It’s also essential to invest in ensuring that you have the proper active clothing that will help you remain comfortable when you run. You’ll want to obtain activewear that’s lightweight and removes sweat from your body, unlike cotton.
- Create Milestones. Note the date of your race and then work backward from there to set smaller milestones toward your road race goal. These milestones will give you a sense of accomplishment and help you measure how you’re doing on your way to your larger goal.
- Create a Training Schedule. Develop a schedule for training that you will follow in preparing for your road race. The average 5K training preparation is about 3 weeks, so make sure you give yourself enough time to increase the distance you run by 10 percent per week if you’re doing a longer road race.
- Train, Train, Train. It’s vital to get started and stay motivated. Fortunately, in the digital age, many apps can help you track your distance, the number of sessions and also biometric measurements, and more. Consider downloading the best road race training apps that work for you or obtaining a smartwatch.
Training for a road race can be lots of fun, but it does require discipline. Along with the 5 tips, make sure that you drink plenty of water and also eat well. Put into your body healthy foods that will help keep your body functioning at peak performance.
© 2018 Sneakers4Funds. All Rights Reserved.