Recently we gave you some ideas to get you started on exercising, especially if you want to lose weight, but can’t just seem to get it together. If you missed the article, take a look at “5 Ways to Start Exercising…When You Don’t Want To Do It.” In short, you want to make sure to take the following steps to begin an exercise routine.
- Get positive about exercise. Your mind makes all the difference.
- Start small. Start with just 5 minutes a day and increase from there.
- Have fun exercising. Try doing activities that will be fun for you if the gym is not.
- Be accountable…to someone else. Get an exercise buddy.
- Go dancing. It’s a great way to stay in shape while you’re having fun!
Now that you have a bit of perspective on getting yourself into the right exercise mindset, which always helps with weight loss, let’s discuss the activities you can do for weight loss around your food and drink. Again, we want to keep it easy because that will give you the best chance at success. These are more lifestyle changes, and if you are mindful of doing these things on a daily basis, then you will be on your way to lose weight.
- Before you work out, make it a point to have eaten. According to research, if you eat breakfast before you go for a morning workout, your body will burn more calories.
- Cut the sugar and starches. If you like your morning coffee with sugar, start dialing that back. Also, make it a point to eat less of the carbs, which will cause weight loss. By cutting back on sugar and carbs, your body will be less hungry, and you will eat less.
- Eat protein, especially in the morning. By eating meats, seafood, and eggs, you will be providing your body with the necessary protein to boost your metabolism. High-protein diets also reduce hunger.
- Higher fiber content carbs. By eating carbs that are higher in fiber, your body will feel fuller longer when you eat. Also, it will help you maintain a better blood sugar level. If you have to eat bread, have whole grains are always better over white.
- Drink water, lots of it.If you don’t drink the necessary amount of water your body needs, it will retain it. One of the best things you can do for yourself for weight loss is to drink lots of it.
There’s never a better time than now to make the decision to get yourself in shape. Start off with the right frame of mind to exercise, which doesn’t have to include going to the gym, and can even be fun. There are lots of ways to get in shape with a little creativity. Also, make it a point to pay attention to what you eat and when so your body can become a well-oiled machine.
© 2018 Sneakers4Funds. All Rights Reserved.